Wednesday 8 December 2010

Carrot Soup

From my Flemish friend who lives part-time in the village I got some 'left-over' carrots because she was heading back to Belgium. Now I must admit that I am not a vegetable lover, so there were 2 things I could do with the carrots, either making a healthy juice or a soup! The choice was..you have guessed it already...soup.

Shopping list
Carrots (about 10)
Chicken cubes for stock
Real butter
2 Onions (white or red)
3 Garlic cloves
Fresh parsley or Fresh coriander
Coriander or Curry powder

I have used fresh carrots the ones with the green stuff on it
Use about 10 carrots for 2 persons
1 litre chickenstock, I just used the cubes
Use 2 pans, one for the butter and the other one for the soup

Pan 1

Put some cooking butter, real butter is best, in pan,
fry1 big or 2 little onions (I've used red because didn't have white) and 3 cloves of garlic
Let them soften, without going brown.

Pan 2

Cut the carrots by hand or use the machine, as I did.

Put the carrots in the boiled chickenstock and put the butter with onions/garlic (pan 1) in it too.

It takes about 30 minutes before the carrots are softened,
To season it, you can use some coriander or curry powder,
Then mash it with the mixer. You can put some more liquid in the pan
if necessary.

When ready to use, add some fresh herbs in your soup cup, like coriander or what I have done
last night was parsley.

Serve it with fresh (french) bread and bon appetit.

It's quite filling too I found out.

No comments:

Post a Comment