Tuesday 19 July 2011

Courgette soup

I know it has been a while, but here I am.  From friends of ours I got a courgette as huge as you can imagine so I decided to make soup with it.

Shopping list
1 or 2 courgettes
1 Onion
2 Cloves of garlic
Jar of green pesto
Chicken or Vegetable stock (from cubes)
Fresh herbs (basil/parseley/thyme)

Cut the onions finely (think about Gino) together with the garlic
Fry in the pan with some olive oil
Add the sliced courgettes and fry until soft
Add about 2 tablespoons of pesto
I had mine with French bread and garlic butter
Then it's time for the stock to pour in
Let them cook for about 15 minutes and then
mash them with the mixer.
Add the chopped herbs
Seasoning to taste

Variation:

Put some sliced tomatoes in it
Garnish with some stripes of smoked salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment